Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Oy vey...

Well, I had an interesting evening.

I've discovered that I am allergic to Niacin supplements. While Andrew (known as Deathpaw/Daelyhel) was making dinner, I was feeling very run down due to a very nasty cold. I took a Niacin pill, which was known as an energy booster, and about an hour later I swelled up like a balloon and my skin was beet red. Sadly, this was during our Family Time (playing worms 2). I felt like my skin was burning and it was horribly painful. Panicking I ran into the bath and sat in a cold tub. It provided some relief, then I saw my face... I looked like a bulldog. >.<

Andrew and Fox came in to see how I was doing, horribly worried of course. Since the bath didn't help, I decided to lay down. I fell asleep and an hour later Fox and Andrew came to lay down with me.

I woke up about 6am. Skin still irritated, but not nearly as bad as last night. Lesson learned... Read the warnings on the side of supplement bottles before taking them! *sighs* And I wanted to play WoW last night. >.<

~Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

WoW Feed for Liavain of Whisperwind

My other characters: